[LAU] UA25 noise problem w. nVidia chipset

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Wed Apr 6 22:34:03 UTC 2011

Greetings,

I've been working with Ardour3 on my laptop, a machine with an AMD
Turion X2 CPU and an nVidia 8200M integrated video chipset. Recently I
started monitoring my test recordings through the headphone output of my
UA25 and I notice that when I move the mouse it creates scratchy sounds,
though QJackCtl reports no xruns and my recordings are unaffected. I
verified the problem with Ardour2 and Mixbus. It doesn't occur when I
use the integrate audio chipset (snd-hda-intel, wahoo).

Running 'cat /proc/interrupts' reports that usb1/usb3 share interrupt 17
and usb2/usb4 share interrupt 16. I've tried switching ports around but
that didn't get rid of the noise. Any further suggestions ?

Best,

dp