[LAU] [ANN] Qsynth 0.3.6 slip release!

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Thu Apr 7 17:03:31 UTC 2011

Season greetings!

It's spring-cleaning time once again.

Dust has severely piled up and brand old mite is already lurking around.
That's the bad news. Good news are there are plans for this FluidSynth
gooey front-end, you know it's about Qsynth. Alas, plans are follow
today's "slip release" though.

Finally, you may say. Not that there's any big (not even small) new
features being slung out today. In fact, there's just a lousy couple of
the same old crap. Never mind. Big plans are all about getting some
channel controllers--also known as generators--into the picture. Yes,
finally. It means amplitude, filter envelope generators, LFO modulators,
knobs and sliders gore fest and what not. I hear you thinking that's all
what a synth is about. And you're damn right. Dropping an initial,
"synth" has been in the name all this time hasn't it? Right, it has been
a pretty old plan, ever since early dawn. Well, it still is... a plan.

As always, I won't make any promises, which would be a terrible thing to
do, specially from one who keeps calling himself the
"über-procrastinator". Yeah, I'm sure you know me from previous
auto-proclamations. Back to subject at hand, there it is.

   Qsynth 0.3.6 slipped away from the dust!

Website:
   http://qsynth.sourceforge.net

Project page:
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/qsynth

Downloads:

- source tarball:
   http://downloads.sourceforge.net/qsynth/qsynth-0.3.6.tar.gz

- source package (openSUSE 11.4):

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/qsynth/qsynth-0.3.6-2.rncbc.suse114.src.rpm

- binary packages (openSUSE 11.4):

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/qsynth/qsynth-0.3.6-2.rncbc.suse114.i586.rpm
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/qsynth/qsynth-0.3.6-2.rncbc.suse114.x86_64.rpm

- binary packages (Windows):
   http://downloads.sourceforge.net/qsynth/qsynth-0.3.6-setup.exe

Change-log:
- Main window layout fixing with regard to its user preferred size and
recall when system-tray icon is not enabled.
- Channels list preset items now activated on double-click.
- Desktop environment session shutdown (eg. logout) is now tapped for
graceful application exit, even though the main window is active
(visible) and minimizing to system tray is enabled. Both were causing
first shutdown/logout attempt to abort. Not anymore, hopefully ;).
- libX11 is now being added explicitly to the build link phase, as seen
necessary on some bleeding-edge distros eg. Fedora 13, Debian 6.
- General standard dialog buttons layout is now in place.
- CMake build system. It was silently available in 0.3.5, but now it is
officially unveiled.
- Fixed a couple of dangling pointers.
- Mac OSX: Enabled the MIDI name Id option for CoreMIDI driver ports,
added the icon to the app bundle.

Weblog (upstream support, yours truly):
   http://www.rncbc.org

License:
   Qsynth is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms of
the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.

Cheers && Enjoy.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org