[LAU] Time for a new PC?

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed Apr 13 18:56:56 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 13 April 2011 20:18:12 Folderol wrote:
> Most of my work is with Yoshimi (which is a hungry beast) so raw processing
> power is important.

From what my hw-dealer tells me, anything above the six-cores is vaporware.
And below that there are 2- and 4-cores with and without hyper-threading. And
it all depends on your financial background which one to get.
Only problem: Chances to find a motherboard with PCI are getting smaller every
day...

> From way before I got my last machine I've been using a 2496 sound card,
> which has served me extremely well, however I'm inclined to think that is
> also overdue for replacement - I would need both MIDI and audio
> capability.

If you don't want it anymore, can you set a price? Or forward me/us the link
to the ebay auction? Sure I could find something similar on the net, but I
prefer to buy from people I know...

Have fun,

Arnold