[LAU] Editing zynadsuxfx/yoshimi patches?

S. Massy lists at wolfdream.ca
Sun Apr 17 15:46:04 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 01:23:01AM +1000, cal wrote:
> On 17/04/11 05:19, S. Massy wrote:
> >On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 10:57:46AM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> >>Hello Cal!
> >>   I'm "quite" sure he meant in general just editing, manipulate as in change.
> >>   I suppose I'm as interested as Massy in such an editor. Console
> >>apps preferred. :-)
> >Right. As in manipulate parameters. I just thought, since it's fairly
> >straightforward mark-up, someone might have done it, at least in part.
> >These are really great synths, but, if one can't use the GUI, one is
> >restricted to using existing patches and/or editing them by hand, which
> >is feasible, but not exactly straightforward. I guess it has to go on my
> >"if I ever have the time" list. :)
>
> Still curious, and quite possibly horribly confused, but would command line
> access to the midi controllers help? In yoshi's 62 branch (experimental in
Yes indeed! In fact, it would be a far better alternative than simply
editing the patch, as one could then presumably hear the results in
real-time and experiment more easily. The only other thing that would be
needed then, would be the ability to ask yoshimi to save the current
patch to file.

Cheers,
S.M.