[LAU] Editing zynadsuxfx/yoshimi patches?

cal cal at graggrag.com
Mon Apr 18 04:58:30 UTC 2011

On 18/04/11 02:32, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello!
> Yes, as Massy points out, having MIDi access is good and if possible a
> list of controller numbers and what they do. Well the other thing is, of
> course having a good controller there.
> Hm I wonder: Is there a commandline/console app, that can change MIDi
> controllers just from the computer keyboard? Just a thought...
> Otherwise, still an editor is a good idea.

> If you ever have some sparetime over at the Yoshimi team, Nick Copeland
> wrote a wonderful text based interface for his bristol. You have to ask
> him, how horrible that was, but from his output I got the feeling, that
> it wasn't a killer. It's an interface, that works a bit like vim

Shall do. For now it's on the "of interest" list, not quite the "to do"
list. There's been pressure on for midi learn in yoshimi, and this case
is probably the first sound reason I've heard for making almost any of
the synth controls mappable to midi controllers. Given the number of
parameters involved, the potential complexity of tying all that together
in a sane, functional fashion does look frightening though. We'll see.

cheers, Cal