[LAU] Editing zynadsuxfx/yoshimi patches?

linuxdsp mike at linuxdsp.co.uk
Mon Apr 18 12:30:44 UTC 2011

Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello Cal!
>   Thanks a lot. Being on the "of interest" list is a good thing to start
> with. Especially seeing, that there aren't many people, who actually
> NEED it. That's what I really love about open source development. You
> stand a chance.
>   Warm regards
>            Julien
>
> --------
> Music was my first love and it will be my last (John Miles)
>
> ======== FIND MY WEB-PROJECT AT: ========
> http://ltsb.sourceforge.net
> the Linux TextBased Studio guide
> ======= AND MY PERSONAL PAGES AT: =======
> http://www.juliencoder.de

"That's what I really love about open source development. You stand a
chance."

- Not really true, at least, not as a sweeping general statement about
open vs closed source, it depends on the developer, in this case you are
fortunate that the developer will listen to and consider requests for
features, but sometimes this is true of closed projects too (I'm always
happy to listen to feature requests, bug reports etc etc, there are just
other reasons why its not possible to open source my code).  Equally,
you may find an open source project driven by developers who simply
don't want to consider feature requests if they don't fit with their own
  priorities of what is needed - its obviously true that open source
allows you to add those features yourself if you have the skills, but I
would expect the vast majority of open source *users* don't have the
skills (or time) required to pick up a project and just start coding
effective solutions to all the features they require.