[LAU] Music app accessibility (Was: Re: Editing zynadsuxfx/yoshimi patches?)

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Tue Apr 19 22:28:49 UTC 2011

Hello1
   Well there are a few reasons - nowadays -, why you would need visual
feedbacks. I'm thinking of alligning audio to other audio and a
metronome/clicktrack. If you need that in "perfect" sync and have acoustic
instruments - i.e. nothing, that you can sequence -, then a visual feedback is
the way to go. Another one of course is things like graphic multiband EQ,
where you are looking for fine peaks at exact frequencies - well as fine as
the output can be. Still, I can handle a four band EQ and possibly a ten band
EQ, but beyond that... I suppose it's possible, but seeing the things people
have in mind for these, visual or other analytic feedback is very helpful.
   I thought about such things quite a bit. But all the good solutions I came
up with are very case specific or just not realtime at all, which makes it
very useable, but a pain in the ass for all the people, that can have it
otherwise.
   Kind regards
           Julien

--------