[LAU] Editing zynadsuxfx/yoshimi patches?

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Tue Apr 19 22:34:24 UTC 2011

Hello!
   OK, then I think I'd prefer it the Bristol way. Basically that kind of
Vi-interface and an optional commandline. I suppose this kind of interface is
so handy, one should endevour to write a small library for it. Something C++
based perhaps, that can easily be filled with all the necessary data.
   Only, if you think ncurses (as in screen based) one would have to think of a
good standard way to move between elements, levels and values. Manageable, but
worth to think about for some time, since it should be as intuitive as
possible, if one undertakes it and invests the time.
   Good question: Do you know of any other text-based app, that would have a
structure like that? I mightr think of links2's menus, but it's not quite the
same and they just throw you back into the browser window, when you're done
editing.
   Just idly thinking aloud.
   Warm regards
           Julien