[LAU] Editing zynadsuxfx/yoshimi patches?

Lieven Moors lievenmoors at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 22:44:44 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 09:24:20AM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 10:26 PM, Lieven Moors <lievenmoors at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering if OSC has any introspection methods at all.
> > Is there anyone who could shed a light on this?
> > Is there some standard xml format for describing OSC parameters ?
> > Maybe it's a stupid question, but I didn't find anything on
> > the subject...
> >
> > Oh wait, I tried again, and just found this:
> >
> > http://www.plateforme-virage.org/?p=1444
>
> i think that its unfortunate that this paper is not more widely known:
>
> http://cnmat.berkeley.edu/system/files/attachments/osc-query-system.pdf

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the link.

I'm wondering, would you think it could be beneficial to have
a FUSE filesystem as an intermediate layer for applications
controlling others with OSC? Or would it be a silly thing to do...
Also, wouldn't it be good if there would be a standard xml format
that application developers would provide with there applications?
This would make it possible to automatically build alternative
interfaces, that control these applications, without having to
query for everything...

I would be interested to know what you think.

greetings

lieven