[LAU] QasMixer: really nice ALSA Mixer app

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 16:55:50 UTC 2011

I was looking for some good code to steal, and I ran across
QasMixer (http://xwmw.org/qasmixer/).  It is an ALSA mixer
application very much like the CLI `alsamixer`.

My favorite feature is that it allows you to browse and
manipulate /all/ of the cards on your machine at the same
time.  (In contrast, with alsamixer you have to start
another process with something like `-c 1` for your other
sound cards.)

QasMixer used to be called Alsamixer-Qt4.  I have absolutely
no affiliation with QasMixer, I just think it's a very
useful and well-done application.

-gabriel