[LAU] Music made with Linux: "move along"

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Sat Apr 30 09:12:41 UTC 2011

Hello Leigh!
   This is a beautiful little piece and certainly very different from the one
other track I have of yours. :-) I like the composition as such, the
harmonies.
   But I think you didn't do your voice good. Too much bass/treble emphesis. It
sounds like this EQ-setup or perhaps it's part of an IR is much better suited
for a bass.
   The bass - especially after 1:min44-45s seems to be very loud, when it gets
too high. When the first note happened directly after the end of your vocals,
I thought it was you singing "mh".
   One last thing, that doesn't sit well with my ears is the drum kit. It
sounds a bit too low. Although if the toms really sound like, what I heard,
then I can understand, that you moved them back that far. Still due to the
soft drums, your voice, that sounds like it is coming from the wrong kind of -
probably - good speakers and the bass mostly being nice and decent, the piano
takes over too much.
   Another thing it did like, was the background choir at the end. And if I
didn't mention it, the vocals themselves are very good. I didn't notice, where
you used zita-at1. I have a suspicion for one note and one only and even
there, I'm happy to accept that my ears are playing a trick on me. :-)
   Good bit of music, pitty, you didn't do something like that earlier.
   Thanks for sharing and best wishes
              Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net