[LAU] Music made with Linux: "move along"

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sat Apr 30 12:23:58 UTC 2011

Leigh Dyer wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Leigh,

I liked it a lot. I agree with the other posters re: the placement of
the vocal, it's pretty well buried in the mix. If you're comfortable
using Autotune then you should be comfortable putting your voice out
front further. Btw, I didn't notice the tuning fixes either, and I
despise Autotune (aesthetically, that is - I'd use it if I thought I
could make a million dollars with it).

The tune itself is really good. I like the piano part, and I also liked
the distance on the drums, it made the piano and vocals sound like they
were being sung in the lounge with the drums in the kitchen. That's not
a left-handed compliment, I thought the effect was neat, whether
intended or not. Also, good playing throughout, you handled the
instrumental parts nicely.

The whole mix is too mid-rangey, which tends to bury vocals.

So, we want more. :)

Best,

dp