[LAU] Problem connecting RME Multiface II and Behringer ADA8000

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Mon Aug 1 19:27:52 UTC 2011

On 07/20/2011 02:57 PM, Giorgio - Audiophilo wrote:
> Hi all,
> i've recently bought a Behringer ADA8000 but i can't make it work with
> my RME Multiface II. I can't get any signal from the RME ADAT input.
> The Multiface II is set to master and the ADA8000 as slave and they are
> connected via wordclock and with a toslink cable (ADA8000 out ->
> Multiface II in). ADA8000 says it's locked, hdspconf says nothing is
> locked, and i have no lights on or blinking on the front panel of the
> Multiface II.

the way you describe it, you want to connect a microphone to your
ada8000 and get the signal into your computer, right?

if you want to set the rme to master (which is a good idea), make sure
it's using a samplerate that the behringer can do (i.e. 44k1 or 48k).
if the wc in doesn't work (which wouldn't surprise me), try running two
adat cables between the boxes (in and out) - that way, the behringer can
sync to the adat out of the multiface.

you do get sound in and out of your multiface via the analog i/o, do
you? because that's the first thing you should troubleshoot, before
adding another potential source of trouble...