[LAU] An appeal to famous artists?

James Morris jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 12:07:45 UTC 2011

> So either you have a personal reason for not contributing to the
> advancement of the platform by keeping your work to yourself or you are
> politically not interested in seeing the userbase increase?

It's on github and sourceforge and i've announced a couple of preview
releases here over the past six months. However it's still in unstable
development so a lot of users would be upset by their files not
working suddenly. I would like users to test and provide feedback but
only around 5 or 6 are subscribed to the ML currently.

Generalizing: I'm personally not interested in catering for the
mainstream. The mainstream don't understand about the freedom to
modify and redistribute software, or why some people are even
passionate about these freedoms. Some Linux users don't even seem to
care about these freedoms which I think is sad. I personally feel
freedom of information in what ever form is the way forward for
culture. I have learned so much since coming to Linux.

Anyway my input's not really relevant here and don't know why I
thought it was. I have no involvement whatsoever with any musicians or
studios or anything connected with the pro audio (or even IT)
industry. As Ralf suggested, I should try looking over my teacup once
in a while but I fear I'm too small to reach the top and there's no
ladders around here.

> Would you like to have some more options for increasing your income?

i often think about getting a direct debit for the weekly national
lottery but that's about it.