[LAU] Social Media

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Fri Aug 5 11:47:00 UTC 2011

On 08/05/2011 01:24 PM, rosea grammostola wrote:
> Wow, you took your time! :)
>
> I agree for 98% with you. But don't you think that we should do both? I
> am not talking about a advertising campaign, but don't you think that a
> active Ardour account on social media could help to make people aware of
> the possibilities of Ardour and Linux for music production in general?

I have my doubts, I think the method Alexander Prokoudine described
would be more effective. But every little bit counts so it's not
necessarily a bad thing. I just have my doubts about its effectiveness.
Could be I'm biased too, I have a growing aversion towards social media ;)

> It's a nice way to inform people about the plans and progress of Ardour
> 3 for instance. MuseScore is proven that it works as we speak.
>
> /Wat een boer niet kent/, /dat/ eet hij /niet/!* :)

What a farmer doesn't know he won't accept easily from a non-authorative
source either. We need more Peter Kirn's and Dave Phillips'!

> \r
>
> *
> http://translate.google.com/#auto|en|Wat%20een%20boer%20niet%20kent%2C%20dat%20eet%20hij%20niet

Best,