[LAU] An appeal to famous artists?

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Aug 6 06:21:49 UTC 2011

Renato wrote:

> fun fact: xfce's web server's traffic before/after Linus Torvalds
> declared he switched to xfce some days ago
> http://www.p0llux.be/linus-effect.png

I have never liked the Gnome environment, consider them an insult to my
email ID, even before Gnome 3. And KDE4 pretty much killed KDE for me -
they spent way too much time adding eye candy while ignoring
functionality and usabiliy.

So I've been running XFCE for a while now. And a number of audio distros
that dropped Gnome and refused the burden of KDE4 went to XFCE. Some
went to LXDE, I've used that, it's not bad. Was a bit less stable, maybe
that's been fixed.

I have a friend who uses a netbook. He has it set up so that when it's
not connected to his external monitor, it runs XFCE. When it's connected
to his monitor, it runs LXDE.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com