[LAU] Social Media

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Sat Aug 6 09:43:19 UTC 2011

On 08/06/2011 07:09 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
>   On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 3:12 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
>
>> My 2¢: social media don't work for Linux Audio. I think the only thing that
>> does work is good video tutorials, that's really big at the moment, good
>> blogs and decent articles on authorative sites and in printed magazines.
>
> I think you really want to expand your understanding of what social
> media is. All of the above except printed magazines is part of it :)

Hello Alexandre,

You're right, I'm confusing social media and social networking services.
I meant the latter.

>> the other things are imho not useful. Twitter, Facebook, Google+ won't work,
>> simply too much dispersion, people don't collaborate on these platforms,
>> they only click on buttons and leave pointless comments.
>
> That's quite an exxageration.

I know. I've already replied to Rosea where that originates from. Next
time I'll keep the whole picture in mind :)

  I do some techsupport for Inkscape, GIMP
> and Scribus via Twitter. It's actually useful for helping people solve
> simple issues. That's not a direct marketing, but it helps preserving
> user base. Of course, one could go beyond that.
>
>> I call BS, with the band I convinced the others to ditch Cubase in favor of
>> Qtractor because every rehearsal session we were totally lost again on how
>> to record a simple track.
>
> You mean you didn't know how to use Cubase? :)

Ha ha, yeah, that's true. We even borrowed a 300 page Cubase book from a
friend but still we didn't manage.

Best,

Jeremy