[LAU] An appeal to famous artists?

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sun Aug 7 21:30:29 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 07, 2011 at 06:09:16PM +0800, Simon Wise wrote:

> 1/ Allow someone opening up an application for the first time to click
> around and discover what it might be able to do before they start looking
> at any manuals.
>
> 2/ Allow someone who uses it everyday to do the things they do frequently
> as quickly and ergonomically as possible, assuming they have already
> spent some time learning the system.
>

> The first helps sales, and without it many people won't look further

Indeed. But so what ? If a potential user doesn't look further then
(s)he is probably just browsing to kill time and boredom, and doesn't
need the application at all. What can I, as a developer, expect from
such a 'user' ? Why should I even spend a second of my time to please
anyone who is not motivated at all ?

--
FA