[LAU] rt audio with kernel 3.0 - looking good

Atte André Jensen atte at email.dk
Tue Aug 9 11:36:32 UTC 2011

Hi

I just upgraded to kernel 3.0 on my arch laptop. It's just the stock
kernel from the arch repos...

atte at vestbjerg:~$ uname -r
3.0-ARCH

Quick tests suggests that realtime audio works quite a bit better than
on 2.6.38 (I think it was before). I can run at 2ms latency without
xruns if only using renoise and 4ms without xruns while loading the cpu
with 2 heavy video file conversions (ffmpeg). Before I even got
occasional xruns at 8ms latency while using only renoise.

This is with my FA66 firewire interface on an 2.0Ghz dualcore laptop @
48000hz (64 frames/buffer and 3 periods/buffer).

Does others have similar positive experiences?

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk