[LAU] (sort of) new music made with Linux

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Tue Aug 9 18:44:31 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Julien Claassen's message of 2011-08-08 11:04:31 +0200:
> Hello everyone!
>    this should have been released months ago. But I thought I might write and
> record the complete lyrics. Now it turns out, this makes no sense and so here
> it is: (Sometimes) Less is more (than More) or Slim(TM), as I nicknamed it.
> :-)
> http://juliencoder.de/nama/slim.ogg
>    or:
> http://juliencoder.de/nama/slim.mp3
>    You can as always go to the website as well:
> http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html
>    Even though the piece had been in this state for some considerable amount of
> time, it still took some time to write and record. In this case I once again
> involved csound for some pseudo-3D work and sample construction. Feedback and
> comments are welcome as ever.
>    Kind regards
>               Julien

What a monster :)
The crickets sound unrealistic and there's something sometimes I find a
bit odd, but that's not necessarily bad.
Besides that it's really really great, quite Monumental. How is it
possible to write and record such a beast? That's completely crazy.
Naming it slim tops it off.

Regards,
Philipp