[LAU] An appeal to famous artists?

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Aug 9 18:56:12 UTC 2011

Philipp Überbacher wrote:
> Excerpts from david's message of 2011-08-09 10:13:51 +0200:
>> Philipp Überbacher wrote:
>>> Excerpts from david's message of 2011-08-08 01:32:25 +0200:

>>> That's called integration.
>> No, it's called bad assumption by the programmer: that just because
>> someone uses one KDE program, they use them all.
>
> But that's what integration currently means, make a program work well
> with others that belong to the same DE, forget about everything else.

No, when something your program is trying to use doesn't exist or is not
set up, you don't hang and become unresponsive. You check for error
that you (the program) can't do what you're trying to do. Ideally, you
also tell them why ("KMail not installed"). Then you do a fallback; in
this case, you display a message box containing the information you're
trying to send, along with the address to send it to, and ask the user
to copy and paste it into an email using their mail client.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community