[LAU] Akai APC controllers - Experiences?

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 15:11:27 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Renato <rennabh at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm curious, how do you plan to use such a device in a linux audio
> environment? What will you map the buttons and faders to?

There's quite a range of options for working with a controller of that type.
None of the solutions are perfect, and all require some adapting of the
workflow to the tools. Eg: SooperLooper & JackRack can do quite some damage,
as can a combo of Seq24 (with clip launch buttons) and some softsynths
running Ardour busses for automateable effects.. Also I'm working on coding
a live looping tool myself for a while now... :)

Although I quite like the midiFighter, its price is astronomical for 16
buttons. Ya could build it using an Arduino and some parts for 1/2 the
price.

Cheers for the reply, -Harry