[LAU] AVB?

Christoph Kuhr christoph.kuhr at web.de
Fri Aug 26 12:16:09 UTC 2011

> There was some discussion on [LAD] and [Jack-Devel] earlier this
> year. Search the archives for 802.1BA and AVB.
>
> I believe that the BSS/Netgear switch is now available but I'm
> waiting for fewer than 24 ports and a better price point.
>
> Jack
>
> -----Original Message----- From:
> linux-audio-user-bounces at lists.linuxaudio.org
> [mailto:linux-audio-user-bounces at lists.linuxaudio.org] On Behalf Of
> Rick Green Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 7:47 AM To:
> linux-audio-user at lists.linuxaudio.org Subject: [LAU] AVB?
>
> I just encountered a product (Mymix) which utilizes a draft IEEE
> standard (IEEE 1722 and IEEE 1733) for networked, distributed,
> audio/video distribution.
>
> Is anyone aware of ongoing work to develop an AVB backend for JACK
> so
>
> that these devices could be utilized as the A/D frontend for an
> Ardour-based portable recording system?

Hi,

im writing a avb protocol suite (bachelor thesis, ready in july 2012) at
the moment. first i wanted do implement a jack client, but i decided to
use vlc because of its already implemented RTP streaming... after
getting this to work and noone else has done it already, i will
certainly have a look at it!

you have to meet hard requirements to get avb running!
you need a precise hardware supported time synchronization (needs
special NIC), you need a traffic shaper and resource registration.

there is the LabX titanium switch, i just ordered one. it ships for 799$
and has 5 ports and one sfp.

but i like, that avb is getting more and more attention!

- --
PGP Key ID 0x528422c1;
PGP Public Key / PGP Key verification:
pgp.mit.edu