[LAU] Please help me with Timidity

Fernando Araujo Martiniano fernando_araujomartiniano at yahoo.com.br
Mon Aug 29 22:11:35 UTC 2011

Hi.
Have anyone of you ever used Timidity Win32GUI, that is the .exe gui for windows? If not you may download it from http://timidity.s11.xrea.com/index.en.html and run it under wine, that it works right.
What I have in mind here is that I didn't find all the options that windows gui has in timidity gui's for linux nor in command line.
For example, in win32gui there's a menu "config" and an option "preference". There you may check boxes that will allow timidity to recognize or not reverb, attack, chorus and many other specifications in the midi file. I know that if we launch timidity from command line on linux we may specify these paramenters for all files, but I what I need is a way to make timidity on linux recognize how these parameters are set and/or changed in a midi file while playing it.
The reason is that I use timidity as output for rosegarden. While typing in rosegarden I insert in the file changes for attack, reverb, brightness and so on. But playing it in rosegarden with timidity as output or exporting it as midi and playing in timidity through linux gui's brings no effect change. However if I take the midi file and play it on windows gui all effects are recognized!
I have noted that win32gui generates a .ini file where these configurations are stored but in linux I didn't find anything similar.
Can anyone help me, please, to make timidity on çlinux recognize effects changes?
Thank you.

Fernando Martin