[LAU] Fwd: Presenting VMPK for Nokia N950

Niels Mayer nielsmayer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 23:52:12 UTC 2011

Regarding http://midi-clorianos.blogspot.com/2011/08/presenting-vmpk-for-nokia-n950.html
:

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
<pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've released a beta of VMPK for Nokia N950 (Meego 1.2 Harmattan) containing FluidSynth.
> You can download source and binary packages from SourceForge:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/vmpk/files/vmpkn9/
>
> Please test. Your feedback will be appreciated. More info and screenshots:

Just installed on "my" N950 -- this thing is AWESOME!!
RESPONSIVE!! (I immediately went for fluidsynth's "Analog Drums" voice
and went all autechre for a moment) MULTITOUCH!! The perfect handheld
synth!

Feature request: integrate
http://qmidinet.sourceforge.net/qmidinet-index.html so it can be used
as a remote  midi controller too.

Now to look at the sourcecode so i can understand how you did your
integration into QML...

Do you have any plans to port this to the MeeGo Netbook or Tablet? It
would work well on a larger touchscreen with a faster processor too.
It's quite nice to be able to have the exact same apps running on both
MeeGo phones and MeeGo Netbook/Tablet (e.g.
http://nielsmayer.com/meego/qml/qtzibit_0_1_0.i586.rpm vs
http://nielsmayer.com/meego/qml/qtzibit_0_1_0_armel.deb or
http://nielsmayer.com/meego/qml/qmltube_1_11_2.i586.rpm vs
http://nielsmayer.com/meego/qml/qmltube_1.11.1_armel.deb ).