[LAU] buying a new laptop

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Wed Aug 31 11:44:20 UTC 2011

Am 31.08.2011 08:47, schrieb Atte André Jensen:

> I saw a secondhand ThinkPad X61s

I have a T60 now -- it is the best laptop I ever owned (and I had a
few...) I can edit Ardour-Projects on it that I create on my QuadCore
workstation and record with Guitarix with 8ms latency. So in short: I
recommend it ;-)

> Go the netbook route.

Are you sure, that you want to run apps like Ardour or complex
Jack-sessions on a netbook-display?

Plus: with a netbook you pay for minimization of weight and size.
Whatever the price may be: you get a stronger machine for the same money
if you choose a standard-laptop and accept some 400 gramms and 10
centimeters more to be carried ;-)

And nothing beats 1400x1050
;-)