[LAU] Thoughts on Alsa Modular Synth?

mark hadman markhadman at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 1 03:03:34 UTC 2011

AMS looks like the answer to my dreams, except that I've never been
able to get it working - 3 different machines, 3 years, 3 different
distros (all numbers approximate), it segfaults within about 5 minutes
of playing around. Currently trying to get version 2.0.1 it working on
Arch64 (AMD) with jack. First VCO appears OK. Second VCO causes a
segfault, and a scope causes a freeze-up.

SO the question is - does anybody have a different experience to me?
Fons describes it as 'incredibly versatile', which suggests he managed
to get it to run for longer than 5 minutes without crashing, but is it
actually usable for anything? If so, maybe I'll try again next year
with a different machine and a different distro...