[LAU] WG: [slightly OT] Musical citation (what is allowed?)

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Fri Dec 2 12:03:47 UTC 2011

Am 01.12.2011 09:41, schrieb Atte André Jensen:
> On 12/01/2011 07:58 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
>> The answer is, that musicians don't care about it, just untalented
>> assholes even sue their own fans. Metallica!
>
> Something tells me you don't really like Metallica :-)

Its politics:

  Metallica are well known for their lawsuits against fans for copying
beginning in the 90ies. Others do the same but are less known and/or do
not look that evil as Ulrich and Hetfield.

I think they are not untalented at all. They made great, innovative,
powerful rock-music. Building on riffs published by Black Sabbath in the
1970ies Metallica have formulated new styles of playing rock-music....

In the recent century they have turned into some boring, self-repeating,
plastic-replacements for a real metal-band but that is another matter.

best regards

HZN