[LAU] New stuff: zita-dpl

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Mon Dec 5 10:03:05 UTC 2011

Hello Fons!
   Mono and stereo - even stereo - would be enough for me. I think, the way
Ecasound works also mono would do. Since it just copies instances with exact
paramters. Perhaps not the ideal way.
   I control my plugin parameters statically most of the time, meaning I set
exact values with simple shell commands.
   As to over all level, I can insert a volume analyse4, which will - if
queried - always give me the currently loudest sample and I believe an average
volume. It also has a history. But I don't use it too often. I mainly go by
ear. I start at a suitable setup - determined by trial and error for the first
time - and then see, what happens. Then I adjust parameters as needed and go
back to relisten and see if there are differences. I mostly find the points of
interest in a piece and always go back to them to see, how they are affected.
  Admittedly, this might be rather crude, but it works. I stop once, I don't
'hear' any more distortion anywhere.
   I hope, that answers your question and answers it in a satisfying way.
   Kind regards
             Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

======      Find my music at      ======