[LAU] New floss made album released, Garage Orchestra! - The decison of Don Rodrigo

thijs van severen thijsvanseveren at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 22:07:25 UTC 2011

2011/12/8 Giorgio - Audiophilo <anomalsound at gmail.com>

> Hi,
> sorry for my late answer but since i'm not the op of that youtube channel
> i had to get in touch with the guy and ask.
> He doesn't know anything about it because the comment simply didn't
> appear. So it appers to be a tech mistake or a google-youtube censorship at
> least.
>
> And most of all, why can't I log in any longer on youtube-google under my
>> usual nickname ?
>

> As far as i know a google-youtube user doesn't have this kind of power so
> i think you should ask google-youtube team.
>
> If you post the fruit of your efforts on a public space, it is because you
>> want to expose it to the opinion of many people. You should therefore
>> expect some opinions like mine as much as those of fans of your stuff.
>

> I perfectly agree with that, it's what makes posting stuff something good
> IMHO
>
> This list was my only channel to express my utter surprise and reach the
>> OP, in the hope that some explanations might be given.
>

> You are wrong. You could reach the op (or people related to him) in many
> ways since there are a couple of links on the youtube channel (Facebook,
> Myspace) which are public and don't need any account registration or you
> could write me your concernings privately so i could contact the op and see
> if there have been any case of censorship.
> From what you have written it appers that you think it's a censorship case
> from the op or google-yotube team
>
> This looks hardly like a technical error
>

> but IMHO sentences like
>
> deliberate attempt at muting voices going against the consensus
>

> look a bit too strong for someone that doesn't know the facts yet.
>
> I don't give a crap that it was made on linux, for I know perfectly well
>> that one can do wonders with linux as well as any other OSes, I don't need
>> to be sold the concept but that's off-topic.
>

> Yes and also this "censorship case" should be since LAU appears to be a
> Linux Audio related list.
>
> I've posted this video because i think that music made with FLOSS can be
> of interest for this list and if, not considering the quality of the music,
> a product is technically good can help free software reputation to spread.
> Honestly i expected something (good or bad) more on the tech side that
> "your music sucks real bad".

tech question : can you tell us a bit more about your workflow?
and also the pitfalls you encounter when using linux apps (like this app is
great, but when you do this/that it crashes or does weird stuff or starts
to 'suck real bad'
(couldn't help myself  ;-)

I hope this can help in closing the "censorship case".

follow me on my Audio & Linux blog <http://audio-and-linux.blogspot.com/> !