[LAU] Bell characteristics (list of partials)

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Fri Dec 9 18:11:58 UTC 2011

Hello everyone!
   I'm trying to design a bell with csound. I found a bit of material on the
web, but most of it has only graphic representations of the partials of the
sound and their suggested envelopes. I found one side with some basic
settings.
   I'm sure though, that somewhere there will be a nice collection of analysed
bell sounds recorded from real bells or as part of some physical project. Is
anyone of you aware of textual data about bell sounds?
   Oh yes: I want to work with additive synthesis and do the proper job. FM
might be OK, but not for this sound and not for the control over the exact
sound I have in mind.
   Thanks in advance for any help on this!
   Kindest regards
             Julien