[LAU] New floss made album released, Garage Orchestra! - The decison of Don Rodrigo

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sat Dec 10 21:18:37 UTC 2011

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 01:56:15PM -0700, "Bearcat M. Şandor" wrote:
> On 12/10/2011 10:52 AM, Brendan Jones wrote:
>> On 12/07/2011 09:54 PM, James Warden wrote:
>>
>>> "your music sucks real bad. You have the technical means to produce
>>> something, so why don't you use them to create good music ?"
>>>

>> I think that's rude. Pull your head in. Nothing wrong with constructive
>> criticism, but what do expect in return from a statement like that?
> I think they expect attention and the release of some emotion that they
> would not express in person. If they've had a rough day, why not go be
> nasty on the 'net.
>
> It's deplorable to me how nasty people can be just because they are
> anonymous on the Internet. Not just on YouTube, but everywhere, even on
> freenode help channels (particularly web coding channels for some
> reason), discouragement, insults and flaying are common.  I try to
> communicate with people on the 'net as though i were actually looking
> them in the eyes.

1. The comment by James Warden was *not* anonymous.

2. The original post (with the video link) was made to
   show something 'made with Linux', not to advertise
   the music itself. Given that, James Warden's comment
   is exactly as much missing the point as one just saying
   'great music', and also exactly as valid.

3. To answer the question 'You have the technical means to
   produce something, so why don't you use them to create
   good music ?' : because T-REX is a commercial studio
   and Giorgio is a professional audio engineer. Which
   means you produce what your customers pay for.

Ciao,

--
FA

Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.