[LAU] eliminating xruns on 64-bit Arch ?

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Thu Dec 15 13:21:02 UTC 2011

On 12/15/2011 07:52 AM, Mac wrote:

> ...I then stumbled on AVLinux. I installed it, fired up Jack and
> Ardour...and it just worked. So that's what I've been using for
> sometime now. This is of course a single data point and I have not had
> the occasion to do try anything with later releases.

Hi Mac,

Thanks for the note, but I'm already using AVLinux on my laptop. I have
three machines here, each running a different distro, and Arch is the
64-bit distribution of choice (the 32-bit others are Ubuntu 10.04 and
AVLinux). 64 Studio was a rock-solid champ of a system until it aged
beyond rejuvenation. Now I want another rock-solid nVidia-friendly
xrun-less 64-bit system, and I'm wondering if it's even possible with
the current 3.x kernels. However, I shall persist. :)

Best,

dp