[LAU] Help with amateur radio setup

Ali Polatel polatel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 09:27:08 UTC 2011

Hello,

I and a couple of friends have decided to set up an amateur internet
radio. We have a relatively small budget thus we want to go step by step.
What we've thought so far is to have a devoted box with all the music
archived. Ideally we want to make the interface very simple for DJs to
use, even if this means increasing the maintenance cost of the system
administrator. They should be able to grab a microphone and use a
portable interface (yes, some DJs may be using windows) to choose music,
play and start talking right away.

The devoted box will be running Linux and I plan to administer the
system. I have relatively good knowledge on Linux systems and
programming in general. I want the system to be flexible, be it at the
cost of difficulties in configuration or deployment.

Please advice and share your experiences.

		-alip