[LAU] newbie problems with FST

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sun Dec 18 14:06:57 UTC 2011

On 12/17/2011 02:02 AM, Csillag Kristof wrote:
> Dear linux-audio users,
>
> I am new here, and the world of pro-audio, too.

Welcome!

> I would like to run Kontakt on Linux.
> (Or, to be more specific, I would like to run Galaxy Pianos, which is
> powered by Kontakt.)
>
> My prime candidate for the job is FST.  Here is what I have:

[..]

Wow. that sound's like you're already way ahead of many here.

I have no experience with FST and festige, so I can't comment on the
issue at hand; however..

[..]

> Any idea why can't it connect to jack?

Do you use official JACK from debian, or did you compile it yourself?

It smells a bit like you have two different installations of libjack on
your machine and the one used by wine is not connecting to the JACK
server running on the linux host. Maybe because of a configuration
conflict (libdir, shmem-path) between libjack.dll and libjack.so ?.

Can native windows+JACK apps running under wine connect to JACK?
You could try http://code.google.com/p/foo-yc20/ or http://musescore.org/

ciao,
robin