[LAU] fst, wine, Kontakt5 ... still no joy

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Dec 19 00:13:47 UTC 2011

On 12/18/11, Csillag Kristof <csillag.kristof at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (Sorry for the cross-posting.)
>
> After manually installing the 32-bit libjack packages on my 64-bit system,
> the original problem ("Can't connect to JACK") is gone; now I get a
> whole new set of errors instead :)
>
> When I try to start the Kontakt 5 VST from festige (via fst, via WINE),
> this is what I get:

if you going to take even one step toward debugging a problem in wine,
you should probably take the attitude that you will be more or less
completely alone in your effort.

debugging issues with wine is quite a specialized thing to do, far
outside the experience of the majority of people. i'm not suggesting
that you stop - as robin noted, getting K5 running on Linux would make
a lot of people happy, though it may be that no work is actually
needed for this. but i am suggesting that you step back for a second
and realize that finding the answer will almost certainly not come
from posting traces from wine and asking if anyone knows what is
wrong. you will have to dig in, deep and fast.

--p