[LAU] How do I configure jackd1 not to zombify my clients?

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Mon Dec 19 15:16:56 UTC 2011

On 12/19/2011 03:39 PM, Csillag Kristof wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now that I am trying to run jack1 (instead of jack2), I see that my
> clients get zombified very fast.
> (Typically even before doing anything useful.)
>
> The JACK wiki points this out as a difference (that jack2 is more
> tolerant), but it also says that this behaviour is configurable.
> Well, I tried to, but without success.
>
> Jack messages:
>
> ======================
> 15:33:43.894 /usr/bin/jackd --nozombies -dalsa -dhw:1 -r44100 -p128 -n2
> -Xraw

* use a2jmidid instead of the built-in midi-driver. The built-in ones
are known to have problems.

* use '-t 4000' ; from `man jackd`:
-t  Set client timeout limit in milliseconds.  The  default  is  500
msec. In realtime mode the client timeout must be smaller than the
watchdog timeout (5000 msec).

HTH,
robin