[LAU] What audio interface to use for a Linux-powered surround preamp?

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Dec 20 23:24:13 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, December 20, 2011 06:22:02 PM Fons Adriaensen did opine:

> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 08:21:12PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> > Toss in a bit of digital aliasing, a bit of monotonicity errors, then
> > add a 3rd order intercept of 40db or less for the two tone so the net
> > total distortion approaches .5%, and these old ears are screaming for
> > some silence in 5 to 10 minutes.
>
> Mmm. An IP3 of 40dB means that at e.g. -10dB (already high as
> an average level), IM is at -110dB. That is nowhere near to
> 0.5%...
>
> Ciao,

Picky Fons  :), but I swear I can hear it, or maybe I stated the
terminology wrong?  Or have I been listening to SSB radios too long?

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
The state of innocence contains the germs of all future sin.
		-- Alexandre Arnoux, "Etudes et caprices"