[LAU] kontakt 5 - finally, I am hearing something...

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 16:50:24 UTC 2011

On 12/21/11, Csillag Kristof <csillag.kristof at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Indeed. Congrats.
>>
>> Are you using the free-of-charge Kontakt player or the full K5 version?
>>
> Fol experimenting, I am using the free-of-charge Kontakt Player, with
> the factory library selection.
> (Which is quite limited, but the technology is equivalent with all other
> kontakt-based instruments.)
>

> What I have a satisfactory setup, I intend to buy (one of the) Galaxy
> Pianos,
> which is also powered by Kontakt Player.

If you want a good piano on Linux I think you would be better off
looking at Pianoteq, or using LinuxSampler with one of the giga pianos
from the confusingly similarly named sampletekk -
http://www.sampletekk.com/ (they have a 50% discount at present!)

Windows-based VSTi are never going to be the way to go IMHO - likely
to be much more unstable and frustrating!

James