[LAU] New arrangement and mix

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Fri Dec 23 09:58:56 UTC 2011

Hello Will!
   this is a beautiful tune.
   In terms of change I had two ideas, while I listened to it: Could you backup
the lead-strings in the theme startin at 1:06min or again at 3:15min... Cou8ld
you backup the strings there with a haaa-choir-sound, just softly. You could
pan the sounds slightly in different directions and gain even more greatness
at that point.
   Another thing was, that I could hear a phaser on the strings in the same
section. Perhaps the calf phaser might be a good point to start
experimentation.
   Hm, why not also double the pad, that does the chords at that time and move
them apart in the stereo panorama as well? I would sound gorgeous, doubled
perhaps with strings or anythying, that has clearer overtones.
   As I said, it's a nice song as it is. I like the tuen and I already like the
improvements, that you have done to it in this version. But you asked for
more. :-) - I could mention the passing thought of adding a sound of flowing
water to the part, where the flute comes in. You can certainly do such sounds
with white noise,slightly resonant filter and S&H or probably an LFO in random
mode.
   Warm regards
              Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;