[LAU] rtmp server

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sun Dec 25 11:52:14 UTC 2011

On 12/25/2011 12:08 PM, Raffaele Morelli wrote:
> hi,
>
> I am using shoutcast for streaming and would like to setup a simple player
> on a web page, eg. http://www.radiocittaperta.it/live/radio.html
>
> Shoutcast stream is AAC so googling around I discovered that an RTMP server
> is needed between the AAC stream and the flash-based players.
>
> so, is there anybody using an rtmp server like crtmp?
>
> regards
> -r

yes. red5 [1] but frankly: it's a mess.
Try to avoid RTMP. it will save you lots of headaches.

If it's audio-only, consider using icecast2, and ogg + mp3 streams.
liquidsoap may come in handy. Most browers support either ogg and or
mp3s and there are also lots of flash based players available.

If you're stuck to AAC+RTMP for whatever reason. ffmpeg, ffserver could
transcode on the fly.

ciao,
robin

[1] http://code.google.com/p/red5/