[LAU] [OT] guitar pickups: how to get separate signals for each string?

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 02:59:32 UTC 2011

2011/1/31 Renato Budinich <rennabh at gmail.com>:
> do these exist? Aren't the strings too close to each other to not
> influence each other's coils?
>
> As far as I can remember also, there's no way of isolating magnetic
> field.

i would imagine that as you know the output for the pickup for each
string, you can use it do do 'noise'-cancellation on the outputs for
the other strings. the same principle as noise-cancellation headphones
use

sorry, i haven't explained that very well, but can't think of better
words - ask if you want it explaining more

--
robin

http://tangleball.org.nz/ - Auckland's Creative Space
http://bumblepuppy.org/blog/