[LAU] a lot of xruns after upgrading from ubuntu 8.04 to 10.04

Peder Hedlund peder at musikhuset.org
Wed Feb 2 09:19:54 UTC 2011

Quoting Lilli Chiffon <lilli.chiffon at free.fr>:

> Hello the list
>
> To start 2011 i decided to upgrade from 8.04 to 10.04. And now i have a
> lot of xruns even i'm using the same setup as before.
- My soundcard is a m-audio delta series (a pci card)

> I normally setup the limit.conf good (in fact i changed nothing)

 From
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudioPreparation#Real-Time
Support :

"Since Ubuntu 10.04 the permissions to enable real time access for
"audio" group users are set in the file
/etc/security/limits.d/audio.conf. In versions prior to 10.04 these
settings were done in /etc/security/limits.conf"

- Peder