[LAU] Linux programs for creatiing/manipulating sound effects

Bearcat M. Sandor hometheater at feline-soul.com
Mon Feb 7 20:12:35 UTC 2011

Folks,

Thanks for all of the replies. Ardour + plug-ins looks like my best best
so far, but i'll check out some of the other options as well.  It seems
like a good excuse to learn ardour which i've been meaning to do anyhow.

When i'm playing with this, are there any guide lines that i can keep in
mind to avoid hurting my ears and stereo equipment when i'm playing with
stuff? Just adjust all knobs slowly till i know what they do?

Now all i need is to find some sort of battery powered mic with a little
sdhc recorder in it, that i could pull out of my pocket when ever i
heard something interesting. I'd like to start collecting sounds and
playing with them.

I love this mailing list.

Bearcat