[LAU] Linux programs for creatiing/manipulating sound effects

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Mon Feb 7 20:52:41 UTC 2011

On 02/07/2011 05:02 PM, Mike Cookson wrote:
>> for stretching, the rubberband tools come to mind
> Also there is PaulStretch. It don't work with jack and even may have problems with some files.
> But it can write modified sound to fine.

FWIW. http://linuxaudio.org/mailarchive/lad/2010/9/30/174181

On 10/04/2010 08:18 PM, Paul N wrote:
"Thanks for JACK support, I will include it into the next version."

meanwhile:
 git clone git://rg42.org/paulstretch
 cd paulstretch
 ./compile_linux_fftw_jack.sh

> It is notable for me also because has spectral blur function, which in this tool is called "Spread".

Do you have a link to that?

BTW. I second the option to try 'freqtweak'

Here freqtweak and paulstretch are often the first tools of of choice to
alienate sounds.

--
Robin Gareus
web: http://gareus.org/                mail: robin at gareus.org
lab: http://citu.fr/                   chat: xmpp:rgareus at ik.nu

Public Key at http://pgp.mit.edu/  http://gareus.org/public.asc
Fingerprint : 7107 840B 4DC9 C948 076D 6359 7955 24F1 4F95 2B42