[LAU] Linux programs for creatiing/manipulating sound effects

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Wed Feb 9 11:20:26 UTC 2011

Am 09.02.2011 11:50, schrieb Philipp Überbacher:
> Excerpts from david's message of 2011-02-09 11:28:10 +0100:
>> Folderol wrote:

>>> I had exactly the same experience. Twice over a two year period!
>>>
>>> These days I either record with timemachine, then process later in audacity, or
>>> record directly into Rosegarden, where I usually have associated MIDI tracks.
>>
>> I'm starting to record directly into Rosegarden more now.
>>
>> Sometimes I just start up jack_capture, then clean up and such in Audacity.
>
> For recording I'm also a fan of timemachine because of its simplicity.
> You push the big button or press space and it records.

I do so quite similar using qarecord (timemachine did not worked
perfectly enough for me for such a simple task...)
Whenever I just want to record a stream from a synth I am testing or a
short idea -- whenever I do not plan to use the powers of Ardour as a suite.

But the thread starter asked for solutions to manipulate and edit audio
and for that Ardour and SND are the gold-standard in Linux the latter
not the most obvious choice for beginners so I recommend Ardour.