[LAU] Linux programs for creatiing/manipulating sound effects

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Wed Feb 9 11:41:52 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Jeremy Jongepier's message of 2011-02-09 11:40:36 +0100:
> On 02/09/2011 11:13 AM, Philipp Überbacher wrote:
> > Do you happen to know how to change the audio interface or even better
> > how to tell it to use jack? Smasher seems to suffer from the gstreamer
> > curse, it's so simple and humble that it uses the laptops built in
> > soundcard&  speakers instead of the nice interface&  speakers.
>
> Hello Philipp,
>
> You have to run gstreamer-properties from a terminal, set Default Output
> - Plugin to Custom and then enter jackaudiosink in the Pipeline field.
>
> Best,
>
> Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy,
do you happen to know what gstreamer-properties is part of? It seems
like my gstreamer didn't come with this program.

I have the following installed:

gstreamer0.10 0.10.32
    GStreamer Multimedia Framework
gstreamer0.10-base 0.10.32
    GStreamer Multimedia Framework Base plugin libraries
gstreamer0.10-base-plugins 0.10.32
    GStreamer Multimedia Framework Base Plugins
gstreamer0.10-good-slim 0.10.24
    GStreamer Multimedia Framework Good plugin libraries with reduced and no GNOME dependencies
gstreamer0.10-python 0.10.21
    Python bindings for GStreamer 0.10

Could this program happen to be part of gstreamer0.10-good and a gnome
program?