[LAU] Linux programs for creatiing/manipulating sound effects

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Wed Feb 9 16:56:27 UTC 2011

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011, hermann wrote:

>> problems
>>>
>>> jack_capture_gui2 is hardly maintained. I should probably remove it
>>> from the jack_capture distribution.
>>
>> More specifically I can't connect anything to the jack_capture ports.
>> Here's example output. I simply started jack_capture and tried to
>> connect an input port to it using patchage (also tried qjackctl). The
>> connection wasn't established.
>>

> May you try jack_capture --help to read about a more common use

I second Hermann's suggestion.
jack_capture is not supposed to work the way you want it to.

I can of course add an option so
that you can connect ports manually...
But are you sure you need it? I've never had that request before.

> I never have hear before about any problem with jack_capture_gui2 ?

The problem is that I keep forgetting about it. Suddenly it
could stop working for some reason without I knowing it.
It would be better if jack_capture_gui2 was released in a separate
package.