[LAU] Lightweight, small-screen-real-estate sequencer?

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Fri Feb 11 22:30:08 UTC 2011

On 11 February 2011 19:13, Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org> wrote:
> Is there a lightweight, fast, not-extravagant-with-screen-real-estate (i.e. will work in 1024X600) piano-roll sequencer?

Just for grins, I had a crack at building the very ancient "X11
Rosegarden" 2.1
(http://www.cannam.demon.co.uk/rosegarden/distribution/) which was
originally written for Sun-3 and SGI Indigo and hasn't been seriously
worked on since 1999.  It was hopelessly unable to work on my current
64-bit machine... must be fixable, might be an amusing bit of hacking.

That would be _very_ fast these days... but it never did all that much.

Jazz++, a Qt3-based application (RG 1.7.x or Muse 1), or at a stretch
LMMS are the best I can come up with.  There have to be other options
that I'm simply not remembering.

Chris