[LAU] Snd learning curve

Louis Gorenfeld louis.gorenfeld at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 23:57:28 UTC 2011

I absolutely love snd!  I mostly use it for its spectrum analyzer
because it will list the top frequencies in both amplitude and dB,
which makes it excellent for scientific work.  It's also very useful
that I can drag through the sound and watch the frequencies change
live.  And another thing I like is that it will automatically reload
when the wav file changes, so I can write test synths that just dump
sound files and get results quickly.

More options there might be nice though, like being able to zoom into
the spectrum graphic.  I can't remember if there's already a
dump-to-text-file mode :)